The period when you know that your surgery is a few days away is a quite stressful time. People feel that their lives are not moving ahead and it’s on hold. One thought keeps bothering them what if the surgery doesn’t goes well as it’s a matter of life and death. They are also looking for the best heart treatment surgeon in Mumbai to get their surgery done as they are much more experienced and experts as compared to the other heart doctors. It has been found in studies that if you keep your body moving can help you prepare your mind and body for the surgery that will take place. Physical activities act as a distraction from negative thoughts as it helps the brain in producing endorphins which helps in the reduction of feelings of pain and also make you feel a lot positive. The person who has to undergo an open heart surgery has to stay in the hospital for around 7 – 10 days. You may also be required to stay in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) for a day immediately after the surgery is conducted.
Here we have shared a few tips on how you should prepare for heart surgery:
- You have to prepare for an open heart surgery a night before. You should make sure to not to consume any meal or drink after midnight. Though you can have an evening meal if you want to.
- You should completely quit smoking and drinking at least two weeks before your surgery as it can impair your immune system liver function and natural blood coagulation and can also delay your postsurgical healing which increases the risk of surgical complications.
- If you start doing deep breathing exercises a few weeks before the surgery then it can reduce the risk of pneumonia and other lung problems after surgery.
- Wear comfortable and loose clothing which will assist in the restricted movement following the surgery.
- Make sure that you have all the list of recent illnesses, medications, and insurance information in hand before your procedure starts.
- Do not hesitate to take reassurance from a healthcare team when you are feeling anxious before an anesthetic.
- You might also be requested by your doctor to wash your upper body with an antibacterial soap. One of the members of the healthcare team might also shave your chest area before giving the anesthetic
- Before the surgery, the doctors might also run tests such as taking blood samples or monitoring the heart. To enable the delivery of fluids a line is placed into the vein by the doctor or a nurse.
- After the completion of all the preliminary tasks, general anesthesia will be administered by the anesthesiologist.
These tips will be of great help to you before having your heart surgery procedure. The Asian Heart Institute will provide you with the best heart treatment surgeon in Mumbai as it is the number one hospital in providing cardiac care. If you have been recommended for an angiography by your doctor then it is also the best hospital for angiography in Mumbai. Visit the Asian Heart Institute today and give your heart care in the right hands.