You are reading this post right now because you are passionate about jeeps in general. Your passion for using your jeep means that you want to maximize it. You may take it with you on weekends to explore different trails that you have never been to before. It is easy to become excited about the things that you may see and experience but one thing is for sure, you cannot travel without carrying the right winch with you.
The right 4×4 winch is sometimes hard to find because you have no idea what you are looking for. There are different things that you can consider so that you can ultimately make the right choice.
How to Choose the Right Winch
There are different products that you can find online and from actual stores. How are you going to pick the one that you need? It may seem tricky in the beginning but the more that you know, the easier it will be for you to make the right choice. These are some of the considerations that you should not forget.
- Winch Capacity – How strong will the winch be in pulling out the jeep when you get into a ditch or mud? Check out the Rated Pull Line of the winch before you make a purchase. It will surely make a lot of difference. Remember that high-end winches can pull up to 13,000 pounds.
- Winch Type – There are two types of winches that you can choose from. The first type is called the electric winch while the second type is called the hydraulic winch. They come with their own pros and cons. It is best to consider what each winch can do so making a choice will not be too hard to do.
- Line Length – The length of the line is important although you may not realize it in the beginning. You may find durable and quality-made winches from Tuff Stuff 4×4. The different winches that they offer will allow you to make the right choice soon.
- Winch Motor – What type of motor does the winch use? There are two types of motors that you can choose from. The first one is called Series Wound while the other type is called Permanent Magnet. The PM motor is considered to be more expensive and more durable. You have to think about your budget too when you are making the right choice.
- Gear Train – You need to be familiar with the different types of gear train or you may end up with one with functions and features that you dislike. The three different types of gear trains are Worm Gear, Planetary Gear, and Spur Gear. Which one will you like most of all?
Bringing Other Items with You
You may have the right winch but the right will not be comfortable without the proper roof top tent. There are different stores available that can sell the items that you need. Do you think you are ready to make the right choices?